Grasim, Nagda unit implements preventive measures in the wake of Covid-1919 March, 2020
Grasim unit at Nagda, Madhya Pradesh has taken a series of measures to create awareness and protect and prevent the employees and communities surrounding the plant from Covid 19.
Some of the activities undertaken are:
- Temperature check done at entrance of factory for worker and staff on daily basis.
- All the employees who come back from leaves must obtain health clearance before reporting to work.
- No meetings or trainings allowed for more than 15 people.
- Awareness sessions for employees and colony residents done through audio and video channels.
- Awareness session on Corona virus infection is being shared in Tool Box Talk using WHO posters.
- Developed Crisis Management Plan at unit and communicated roles and responsibilities.
- Awareness done at schools.
- Stock of N95 mask/other protective mask, sanitizer, available at site.
- SOP is in place for transport of suspected/infected person to primary isolation ward/room or treatment centre.
- Absenteeism and sickness is being monitored.
- Special mobile van awareness campaign for villagers and communities, surrounding the plants on Covid-19, are being undertaken.
The efforts have been appreciated by the employees and communities around the plant. Media has also reported the safety measures thereby creating an awareness amongst the residents of Nagda to be safe and take proper care in these times.
Grasim Nagda unit, spread over 2,000 acres, has an integrated manufacturing facility providing direct employment to over 7,000 and indirectly to over 50,000, with a modern township for its employees.