Grasim and Nagda - the story of Together We Can
Nagda's infrastructural development is a testament to Grasim's efforts towards transforming the landscape of the town
This is a story of a dream, trust and change, a story of transforming a town and bringing prosperity to its people. In 1947, as India became independent, GD Birla, a visionary, embarked on a journey towards making India 'Atmanirbhar'.
On 25 August 1947, Grasim Industries Ltd., one of Independent India's first companies, was set up in Nagda, Madhya Pradesh. The date marks an important milestone in India's industrial history and also marks the rebirth of Nagda.
Nagda's growth and development is a testament to Grasim's efforts towards transforming the landscape of the town. Today, Nagda has quality educational institutions, a modern hospital with state-of-the-art medical facilities and a strong infrastructure for leading a quality life. It also ranks among the cleanest places to live in India.
We are proud to say that Grasim, together with the people of Nagda, continues to shape its present and future.
Grasim's commitment towards Nagda and its people embodies the spirit of #TogetherWeCan.
Watch the English version of the video
Watch the Hindi version of the video
- Voices of appreciation from villagers to Grasim for water, healthcare and infrastructure facilities in Nagda
- Grasim's CSR commitment to Nagda
- Providing Quality Health Services to over 350 villages in Madhya Pradesh
- Birla Cellulose’s Commitment to Water Stewardship leads to Innovations in Viscose Technologies
- Transforming Nagda since 1947